Tuesday 27 August 2013

Beta Fashion Project- Bee Love. Print Making




Hey guys!
This Summer has been an absolutely crazy one! I'm sorry I haven't been here as much as I should BUT!!! I have some really exciting news to share with you all very soon. EEEK!! This secret has been keeping me very busy and will be something to look forward to in the new year! Can you guess :)

But in the mean time I've been designing prints for Beta Fashion's new project "Dreaming in Colour"  
Its great fun and a brilliant oppotunity for students and unknown print designers to get their work out there and possibly produced! (They do the most BEAUTIFUL silk scarves and as if I wasn't addicted enough already huh!)

Anyway I wanted to share with you how I start my Print Designing.... I ALWAYS start with hand drawing whether its the outline or a detail or anything that comes to mind it just helps stop the image looking too stiff and computerised... (if that's even a real word?!)
Then, usually using a combination of promarkers, pencils and watercolours I start to build up a background image that I can use as my colour story so the work has a strong theme running through it. This can be inspired from the subject itself or wherever your whim takes you!


I created this background image using Promarkers and pencils. I layered them adding more and more detail each time. I then scanned the image in on my printer (wahoo technology!) and edited the colours in Photoshop to get a good match to what I wanted! Now seeing as hexagons work wonderfully with bees, and they work wonderfully with them (hello honey, i'm home) I layered them ontop slightly adjusting the transparency!

With a little more playing around I managed to create a final image I was proud of!


TADA!!!

I then repeated the pattern and rotated it to get a good repeat print!




Ohhhhh I just love it when it's repeated!!!!

If you love it too will you please VOTE for my print HERE!!! 

I hope you like my little tutorial and if you do, I'd really appreciate your support in this competition! Thanks!!!

Jess 
xxx


13 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing this information.
    Global Trade Plaza is the B2B Marketplace in India. We are the India's largest b2b portal with 100% verified and Genuine Leads. Global Trade Plaza is the Top wholesale b2b marketplace and the Best B2B Lead Generation Company . Ask Your Business related Queries to Global Trade Plaza best b2b marketplace platform, B2B import export portal, Top 10 b2b portal in india, B2B websites india, India's largest b2b portal, Wholesale b2b marketplace, Best b2b marketplace platform

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii,
    My name is Shivani arora. Your article is Very amazing.
    Thanks for sharing wonderful Information. In this article I learn a lot. And if you want to know about wedding or Indian matrimonial services visit:- Truelymarry
    It's one of the best Indian Matrimonial site and profiles are handled personally.
    Our site helps you in providing matchmaking service in India like:-
    Kanpur , Rajput , Brahmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your search will end At Atootdor for perfect couple.Because Atootdor is a Matrimonial site in nagpur .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top Website Development Company in India A business without a website is like a tree without water. As today's generation depends upon smartphones for their day-to-day needs.we are providing you best Website development packages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are looking forAnti spam service for mail server. So, you are on perfect spot please contact us for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are looking for First email service provider in India.So, you are on right spot contact us for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we provide best personal trainer at home delhi.if you have any query please contact us for more details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments :) I'll always reply to your messages as quickly as I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...